Selected Conference Presentations
- Stoldt, R. (August 2020). Reconsidering Quality: Cosmopolitan Audiences as Markers of Quality for Internet-Distribution Film and Television Services. Paper presented at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Virtual Conference. (Originally to be presented at the cancelled Society for Cinema and Media Studies 2020 National Conference)
- Stoldt, R. (August 2019). One More Episode: Binge-Watching Poetics and Big Data in Internet-Distributed Television. Paper presented at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Toronto, ON.
- Stoldt, R. (September 2018). “They can now be seen”: Netflix and the cost of transnational audiences for independent film producers. Paper presented at the FlowTV Roundtable, Austin, TX.
- Stoldt, R., Wellman, M., Ekdale, B., Tully, M. (June 2018). Bridging the gap: Influencers, destination marketers, and intermediaries in the changing travel and tourism media industry. Paper presented at the International Communication Association, Prague.
- Stoldt, R. (August 2017). Appealing to niche markets: A typology of transmedia storytelling for digital television. Paper presented at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication’s Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
Invited Research Talks:
- Stoldt, R. (September 2019).Ethics and Labor in the Production of Sponsored Content in the Travel Influencer Industry. Computer Science Colloquium on Internet Freedom and Safety, University of Iowa.
- Stoldt, R. (October 2019). Universal Design for Learning Basics, Center for Teaching, University of Iowa.
- Stoldt, R. (July 2019). Multimedia Stories in Journalism and Entertainment, Intro to News Writing, University of Utah, Mariah Wellman
- Stoldt, R. (March 2017). Analytics and Advertising on Social Media, Sports Public Relations, Wichita State University, Dr. Clay Stoldt
Commissioned Professional Research Reports:
- Kim, W., Vermillion, M., Stoldt, R., Stous, B. (August 2015). Consumer Behavior & Sponsorship Effectiveness Study at 2015 Air Capital Classic. Paper presented at Air Capital Classic Executive Board Meeting, Wichita, KS.